The office of student life and programming is responsible for addressing student life issues. It works closely with the office of the Vice President of Student Affairs, and sits on the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and University committees to further understand and resolve these issues. The Vice President of Student Life is the chief programming officer of the USG and therefore oversees the Student Activities Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall Chair the Student Activities Board of the USG, a quasi-independent agency of the USG
- The Student Activities Board is tasked with ensuring that the USG enhances the student experience by establishing a vibrant student life that responds to the diverse interests of the undergraduate students
- Spokesperson for all USG-sponsored programs and activities, as well as the liaison between USG and the Department of Student Affairs
- Sustain fiscal responsibility with a $750,000 budget allocated from the University’s student activity fee
- Employ and manage a team hired to assist the Office of Student Life
Office Phone: (631) 632-6808