The Office of the Executive Vice President assists the Office of the President in coordinating the operations of the Executive Branch. The Executive Vice President assumes the duties of the President in his/her absence and represents the President on delegated occasions. The responsibility for all official records and correspondence of the Executive Council, the Senate and the Undergraduate Student Government also falls on the Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair weekly Senate Meetings where club budgets, acts, resolutions, and appointments are voted on by the members of the Senate.
- Maintain official records and be strongly familiar with all USG binding documents. The EVP generally creates amendments, and usually advises those who wish to do so as well.
- Chair the Vetting and Legislative Review Standing Committee of the Senate.
- Coordinate steps of vetting processes for any appointed positions within the USG.
- Train and oversee all 23 Senate positions. This generally includes holding individuals accountable, helping them establish goals, and guiding them through their Senate Projects.
Office Phone: (631) 632-6473